Saturday, May 16, 2009

Israel...Saturday, May 16, 2009

The highlight of my day today was visiting Capernaum (Jesus' home during his ministry); the second highlight was being baptized in the Jordan River. Both of these were very powerful experiences spritually speaking. First, being able to walk in the same places that Jesus is thought to have slept, walked, and ministered and seeing how short the distances between places were was just amazing. Jesus is thought to have spent a great deal of time at St. Peter's House in Capernaum and in the Synagogue there. This is where the healing of the woman with the issue of blood took place as well as several other miracles. Neil Armstrong was once asked since going to the moon was the highlight of his life, what was the second best thing. He stated, "Going to the moon was the second best thing I did in my life; visiting Capernaum was the greatest thing I've ever done." I concur. While being baptized in the chilly Jordan was great, walking in Capernaum was awesome. As my friend who is here with me (whose husband, Andy, you see baptizing me above), "How cool is that?"
Posted by Picasa

My Life

My Life
Mother's Flowers

My Cats

My Cats
Olympia & Athena...shhhh! Don't wake the girls.